Are you a seasoned sales professional with an existing oil and gas network and strong reputation? Are you seeking a well-respected organization within which to channel your initiative and enthusiasm? Canadian Discovery is currently seeking a highly motivated, performance oriented individual to sell our products both within Canada and abroad. This independent and dynamic position includes client relationship development, initiating new business, delivering technical sale presentations and closing deals. You are a skilled prospector, have a proven track record, and are at ease promoting geoscience and engineeringbased products. This is a full time, commission and salary-based position with upside potential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Strategy - Work with Canadian Discovery's leadership personnel to develop appropriate strategies for selling and marketing the company's products.
- Prospecting - Identify prospective leads through networking, business directories, web-based research, data mining and other strategies. Conduct cold-calls as needed.
- Selling and Presenting ‐ Identify key client requirements; show how Canadian Discovery's products or services satisfy those requirements through informal and formal technical sales presentations.
- Travel and Tradeshows ‐ Attend local and international tradeshows and conferences; some travel required.
- Negotiating - Negotiate prices, sales terms, and service agreements.
- Account development- Maintain regular contact with clients. Manage renewals, identify upsell opportunities and nurture positive, long-term relationships.
- Documentation - Record client interactions using Client Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Integration - Work with all departments to ensure a smooth, client-driven process.
To succeed in this position, you will require:
- Five or more years of relevant oil and gas industry technical sales experience, preferably within a geoscience-based environment.
- A proven track record, including an existing network of relevant oil and gas industry contacts: E&P, geosciences, land, A&D, financial, management, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including successful cold calling experience.
- Technological savvy, including a strong background in CRM software (such as Salesforce), Word, Excel, PowerPoint , internet research and social media.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Preferred but not required:
- A diploma or degree in earth sciences, engineering, or commerce.
In return, we offer:
- A unique and stimulating work environment - flexible hours, weekly organic fruit deliveries, regular social events, recycling and composting and community involvement.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including opportunities for company ownership.
- Technical development and career growth opportunities.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2017 (or until position is filled)
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter addressing your direct suitability to this role, salary expectations and a writing sample. A proofreading/editing component can be expected as part of the interview process. Apply to:
Human Resources, Canadian Discovery Ltd.
Suite 300, 706 - 7 Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 0Z1