Why Integrated Geosciences?
At Canadian Discovery Ltd. (CDL), we recognize that oil & gas success begins with good rock and the right fluids. Integrating hydrodynamics, geothermics, geochemistry and geology reduces risk and maximizes results by identifying sweet spots, revealing new plays and improving asset valuations.
CDL has spent 30 years developing an unrivalled understanding of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin, from broad regional picture to well level detail. CDL has worked basins in the U.S., U.K., South America, Africa and the Middle East. The combination of our depth and breadth of experience enables us to provide timely, cost-effective integrated geoscience consulting services and expertise on demand.
Why Canadian Discovery?
- Decision-ready deliverables
- Rigorous data methods
- Access to CDL’s reports and state-of-the-art datasets
- People you can work with
What We Offer
- Resource play expertise
- Regional and detailed studies from reservoir to basin scale
- Hydrodynamics—fluid dynamics, fluid composition, pressure
- Geothermics—thermal history, pressure, phase behaviour
- Geochemistry—source rock maturation, migration, expulsion efficiency
- Geology—storage, permeability, rock quality
- Exploration and development prospecting
- Reservoir characterization
- Expertise on demand
- Structural geology
- Log and core-based high resolution stratigraphy
- Reservoir engineering
Kaush Rakhit, M.Sc., P.Geol.
Kaush founded Rakhit Petroleum Consulting in 1989, which purchased and merged with Canadian Discovery Ltd. in 2005. In the past 30 years, Kaush has become highly respected in the industry for the use of hydrodynamics for early recognition of unconventional resource plays and implementing exploitation programs. Notably, he led teams that recognized pervasive shallow biogenic gas resources in addition to successfully leading clients to book 1.7 tcf of gas resources and gain production in excess of 140 mmcf/d. Kaush earned his B.Sc. in Earth Sciences from the University of Waterloo and was the first person to earn a post-graduate degree (M.Sc.) in Petroleum Hydrogeology from the University of Alberta.
Go to full bio
- Unrivalled Technical Depth
- Conventional Play Studies
- Unconventional Play Studies
- Tight Gas, Shale Gas
- Tight Oil, Shale Oil
- Deep Basin/Basin-Centered Gas
- Pervasive Shallow Biogenic Gas Deposits
- Coalbed Methane
- Oil Sands, Heavy Oil
Connect With Us
Looking for integrated options? Let’s get the discussion started.