Frac, completions and drilling data is at the core of Canadian Discovery Ltd. (CDL)’s data capabilities. We created, maintained and sold what became the largest publicly available digital completions dataset in the world, in addition to a growing drilling dataset. This experience puts CDL ahead in our ability to analyze and interpret these datasets and provide a comprehensive story for each well.
What We Offer
Our products and services are integrated with analysis using high-graded, best-in-industry datasets:
- Frac and Completions - In-depth well, stage and interval-based details and related operational, efficiency and problem analysis. This is in addition to basic, standardized information such as number of fracs, technology, proppants, fluids and costs.
- Drilling - CDL uses drilling data that include in-depth tubular, drilling fluid, bottomhole assembly (BHA) and bit details and related operational, efficiency and problem analysis. This is in addition to basic, standardized information such as depths, trajectory, rig and cost.
- Half Cycle Costs - Mined from both AFE (authorization for expenditure) and total drilling and completion costs from regulatory documents to deliver reported costs for resource play wells. These costs provide a reasonable proxy, particularly on an aggregate statistical basis.
What Makes Us Different
Having innovated the processes behind many of these datasets, CDL brings a unique perspective when sourcing and interpreting what they provide. Our team brings unparalleled depth of knowledge from reviewing tens of thousands of wells and hosting regular industry user groups.
At CDL, it is our mission to:
- Cut through complexity and bring order using proven methods.
- Standardize outputs and correct inaccuracies.
- Understand and share the context of the data.
- Deliver unbiased data. CDL is an independent third party.